Sources of NHL game information
NHL games information, as it is published by the NHL, comes from a variety of sources, in HTML or JSON format
The links below are not actual URLs but rather the printf templates to be used. The breakdown of this information comes as following:
- For the latest years there's a Season Schedule URL.
- For the earlier years there's an API query by date.
- Game files
- Live boxscore JSON report (main body of information)
- Post game HTML reports:
- RO - roster including starters and captaincy information
- PL - play-by-play
- ES - roster stat summary
- GS - goals/penalty/shots summary
- Speaking of errata, there was a useful JSON feed for events. It included penalty box data. It is no more.
- Player information